General Terms and Conditions
1. Members shall be responsible for informing the Association of any change to their mailing address or personal particulars. The Association shall not be responsible for any dispute or situation regardless of whether it results in any loss or damage that may arise due to incorrect or outdated records.
2. Membership is renewed automatically within two (2) months before expiry regardless of whether the Member uses SAFRA facilities/benefits. All subscription dues shall be settled at the time of resignation. To opt-out from auto-renewal of membership, a Member must submit in writing his/her intention at least two (2) months before membership expiry.
3. SAFRA will make deductions from a Member's pay with a Ministry/Statutory Board or from the member's National Service Make-up Pay or from the SAFRA DBS Credit/Debit Card, where applicable. The deduction will cover the current and advance subscriptions.
4. Wives and children of Ordinary (except full-time National Servicemen), Associate and Life Members, are eligible for Dependent Membership. Their Membership runs concurrently with the SAFRA Ordinary, Associate or Life Membership. Its validity and related privileges shall lapse when the SAFRA Ordinary, Associate or Life Member resigns, ceases to be a SAFRA Member or when the Membership is not renewed. Dependent Membership for the child shall also lapse when he/she reaches 21 years of age.
5. The Ordinary, Associate or Life member shall be fully liable for all liabilities and/or debts incurred by the Dependent Member and/or in respect of any transaction entered into between the Dependent Member and SAFRA thereof, and shall indemnify SAFRA in full against any claim, loss and damages which may be suffered by SAFRA as a result of or in connection with the acts and/or omissions of the Dependent Member and/or in respect of any transaction entered into with SAFRA thereof.
6. All membership subscription fees paid for current or advance membership terms are strictly non-refundable for any unused years of subscription upon resignation, termination in any manner whatsoever, or change of membership types.
7. Members going overseas for work or study for a continuous period of at least twelve (12) months may apply for waiver of membership fees for up to a maximum of thirty-six (36) months at any one time. All applications for waiver must be submitted to SAFRA Membership Services Division at least one (1) month prior to departure, accompanied by relevant documentary proof of intended absence from Singapore.
8. Any Member who wishes to resign from SAFRA Membership must write-in to effect the resignation. Their participation in sub-clubs and other SAFRA schemes will cease upon their resignation. Ordinary/Associate/Life Members’ related Dependent Membership will also lapse. All resignations from SAFRA Membership will be acknowledged.
9. Ordinary A Members upon reaching statutory age, i.e. above 50 years for officers and 40 years for other ranks, will be automatically re-classified as Ordinary B Members. Ordinary B Members will be entitled to all privileges of SAFRA membership except the right to vote.
10. Associate Membership is open to all serving members of the SAF, including uniformed servicemen/women or Defence Executive Officers. Its validity and related privileges shall lapse when the Associate Member ceases or discontinues his/her service with the SAF. However, if he/she is eligible for other membership categories, and wishes to continue as a member, his/her membership will be reclassified accordingly.
12. Club Membership is subject to approval and is strictly non-transferable.
13. SAFRA reserves the right to terminate the Membership due to non-receipt of subscription fees.
14. A Member found to have misled the Association may have his/her Membership revoked if such misleading information or omissions or misrepresentations result in the breach of the By-Laws, Terms and Conditions or where the Member would not be eligible or qualified to be a member of SAFRA if not for the misleading information or omissions or misrepresentations.
15. Members shall abide by the SAFRA Constitution and By-Laws of SAFRA as shall be amended from time to time.
17. SAFRA reserves the right to amend the By-Laws or any Terms & Conditions implemented in accordance with the By-Laws, without prior notice and Members shall be deemed to have notice and Members shall be deemed to have notice and shall abide with such amendments accordingly.
18. SAFVC Volunteers are subjected to a different set of terms and conditions and membership is by invitation only.
1. SAFRA Membership General Terms and Conditions shall apply for applicants of the SAFRA DBS Credit or Debit Cards.
2. To sign up for the SAFRA DBS Credit or Debit Card, the applicant must first be an eligible SAFRA Member.
3. In the event that the application for a SAFRA DBS Credit or Debit Card is declined, SAFRA will issue the applicant with the SAFRA Membership Card.
4. DBS reserves the right to decline an application without giving any reason whatsoever.
5. By opting to sign up for the SAFRA DBS Credit or Debit Card, the applicant consents that information provided by the applicant will be jointly owned by SAFRA and DBS, and will be used for the purpose of membership card application processing.
6. One member is only allowed to hold only ONE valid membership card type (either the SAFRA Membership Card, SAFRA DBS Credit Card or SAFRA DBS Debit Card).
7. Membership is renewed automatically within two (2) months before expiry regardless of whether the Member uses SAFRA facilities/benefits. The membership fee may be charged directly to the SAFRA DBS Credit/Debit Card if member is holding a SAFRA DBS Credit/Debit Card.
8. To opt out from auto-renewal of membership, a Member must submit in writing his/her intention at least two (2) months before membership expiry.
9. The SAFRA DBS Credit/Debit Card may also be deactivated at the end of the current membership term.
10. Female Spouse or Child Dependant (above the age of 18), can apply for the supplementary SAFRA DBS Credit Card if the Principal member's application for the SAFRA DBS Credit Card is approved.
11. SAFRA may obtain updates of your personal data from DBS subsequently to serve you in the most efficient and effective way.
12. Terms and conditions apply. For more information, please visit www.dbs.com.